Sunday, April 19

A product I regret - Urban Decay lip primer potion

Sadly there's always something in a girls make up collection that usually is a regret, this is mine. Make up isn't cheap and when you are really disappointed by a product its quite a kick in the stomach when you cant or don't want to use it again.

This was in a fall collection I believe and was £13. All my reasons as to why this product just isn't for me goes against the entire description of the product.  

"Our invisible primer lays a silky foundation for your favourite lipstick or gloss. Colour is truer, applies smoother, lasts longer, and will not fade or feather. The easy-glide formula feels velvety-soft, without the drying feeling often associated with long-lasting lip colour."

To start with it's so unbelievably drying, that dry you physically cant apply it on your lips. It drags across, not applying any of the product. So its pretty pointless when you cant even use it to begin with. I have to really press it into my lips and I'm not going to lie, it hurts! I've read other reviews and none of them have had this problem so it leads me to think I've just got a bad one from the batch. 

It does absolutely nothing, I've yet to see a difference this makes to my lipstick, if anything it makes it look even worse. My lipstick looks lovely on its own and then when I apply this beforehand it looks even sheerer and like as soon as I do anything with my lips, even speak, its going to come off. It also feels very waxy as if I've just put candle wax all over them which obviously isn't great. 

When it does apply its a thick gloopy wax like consistency, making my lipstick look all clumpy. My lips are made to look very uneven and very lumpy, which is really not a good look. I honestly have nothing good to say about this product, the packaging is nothing special and it doesn't smell or taste of anything.. other than wax.  I really, wouldn't recommend this. 







Paige, x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Paige Allan. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig