Sunday, May 3

Creating the perfect base

There's nothing like when you look in the mirror and your make up looks so on point- and it all starts with creating the right base. Without taking the right steps or using the right products your face can end up looking dull and lifeless and now its all about creating that glow from within and priming to perfect. 

Starting with a primer I've recently discovered InstaBlur from The Body Shop and after hearing all the hype I decided on a whim just to get it. When I tested it in the shop I felt like it probably wouldn't do anything and yet again I was wrong. This really does blur out your skin making it look so perfect and even, I apply this mainly on my T-zone but concentrating on my cheeks either side of my nose. I was hesitant about this product at first because with anything that has a wax like consistency it makes my skin even dryer and just looks awful, but this however does not (unlike the Porefessional!). I feel like this makes my make up look 100x better and I'm definitely going to be repurchasing this when I've run out. Expect to see this again! 

Something that's really 'in' at the moment is highlighting and having a really glowing complexion. With my skin being a little dull and lifeless I really need all the help I can get and when I'm having a really bad skin day powder highlight on top of my foundation needs a little help. I seen this NYX Liquid Illuminator was a dupe for the NARS and Stilla one so as it was really inexpensive I thought I would try it out. After priming I use this in places were you would normally highlight and it really just lightens up my face and make me look more alive. 

Finally to complete the perfect base you need a good foundation- my favourite one at the minute is the YSL Touche Eclat. Its so lightweight and just so gorgeous. If you want to know more about this foundation you can read my review of it here.











Paige, x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Paige Allan. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig