Sunday, July 5

The Balm Haul & Review ; Mary-Lou Manizer & Bahama Mama

The Balm is a company which I've seen, heard and read so much about and is a brand that is constantly raved about here in the beauty community. With brands that I cant get in person I tend to shy away from a little bit as there's only so much you can rely on the swatches on Google for however when it came down to The Balm I didn't hesitate. 

I'm obsessed with highlighters so that made the Mary-Lou Manizer first on my list and I also needed a new contour shade. I was originally going to repurchase Benefits Hoola however I noticed this was a dupe hence why I picked it up!




As for the packaging oh my god they're to die for; don't get me wrong the likes of MAC and KIKO are my favourite types of packaging but these are so cute. They really remind me of Soap and Glory with their play on words and vintage effect. Mary-Lou is a very sturdy compact and has such a huge mirror, Bahama Mama is cardboard and whereas I don't mind I think it would of been better in other packaging. 

The products themselves are stunning too and will definitely be a staple in my make up bag. The highlighter is a beautiful golden champagne colour which is my favourite colour for a highlight! It's shimmery but doesn't have huge chunks of glitter in either. I feel like this is such a natural shade and a little certainly does go a long way. Seeing as you only need a little amount of product I think its worth it for the money as it will take you ages to get through! It's also extremely blendable which is great for us heavy handed girls! This can also be used in different ways; such as on the eyes with Bahama Mama in the crease. I dont feel like this makes me look oily either which is a bonus and I actually prefer this over the MAC Soft & Gentle highlight!

As for the Bahama Mama Bronzer I personally wouldn't use it as a bronzer but more for contouring. It's quite sheer but buildable- I like this with a contour shade just in case you go in too dark to start with! On my skin tone this doesn't look muddy or have any orange undertones and is just the right 'tan' shade. I like to use this with a natural hair brush as I find that it picks up and transfers the product much more naturally and effortlessly. I don't particularly find that the staying power is that great but I don't mind touching it up throughout the day. 

All in all I love these two products and can't wait to try more from The Balm Cosmetics!






Paige, x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Paige Allan. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig