Tuesday, March 15

NYX Blush - Taupe

I'm so obsessed with YouTube right now and some of my favourites, Emily & Nikki have recently been using the NYX blusher in Taupe to contour. I'd seen this blush doing its rounds and always wanted to try it so here we go!




This is my first NYX blusher and obviously as you can see this definitely isn't a blusher colour on my skin tone therefore I'm going to use it for contouring and sculpting the face. This cost me around £5 so its very affordable and drugstore price!

I like the packaging with it being clear on the top to see the shade, black and sleek looking. I also like the shape of this and how its very different to say MAC or NARS. 


This is the shade Taupe and its a very cool toned brown. It has just the right amount of brown to grey ratio to create that natural shadow effect. Its a powder blush but I don't feel like its very powdery or even chalky for that matter. It also applies evenly which is a godsend for a contour as I was slightly apprehensive as some reviews said it was patchy. It builds up really easily too as I always tend to go in with a light hand just incase I apply way too much!


This is also incredibly pigmented- I use my Real Techniques Blusher brush and oh wow a little goes a long way. I try to delicately 'tap' the brush into the blusher and then get rid of the excess. This gives a very natural finish and is also perfect to set a cream contour.

I would really recommend this especially for the paler skin tone! Its gorgeous! 

Paige, x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Paige Allan. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig