Sunday, June 5

Best of Base!

If you love makeup and applying it you 100% need to work on nailing that base. Here are all my favourite products and how they work in making me look flawless.

For Matte Skin:

When creating a matte base its important not to forget to hydrate the skin otherwise your just going to look flat whilst also encouraging those pesky dry patches. 

Hydrating Mist: I love this one from Poundland, it does the job and makes sure your skin in prepared and hydrated ready for makeup application.



Mattifying Primer: Considering you want that matte look its best to start with a matte primer. This is my favourite one as it really does lock in that oil throughout the day. I also find that with this I never need to top up my makeup. 

Mattifying Foundation: Along with the primer if you want your makeup to be matte you need to use a mattifying foundation. The one I've found that works the best while still looking absolutely flawless is the Revlon Colorstay foundation. This teams amazingly well with the primer too.



Setting Powder: To keep that oil at bay it always helps to set everything with a powder! My top ones include the setting powders from the NARS x Steven Klein palette and the Too Faced Cocoa Contour palette. 


Setting Spray: Every base needs to be set in place so for this I like to use the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray 



For Dewy Skin:

For a dewy base you also need to prime as well as set just to lock everything in place. 

Priming Mist: With mists there dewy and add luminosity as well as hydration to the skin to prepare it before any makeup is applied. I personally use MAC Fix + but heard that Makeup Revolution and Freedom do really good sprays. 



Pore Filling Primer: While using illuminating products they tend to fill in pores and accentuate them. To stop this its best to use a pore filling primer such as the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser. 

Strobing/ Illuminating Cream: Finally you want to add that illumination back into the skin and my favourite product to do this with is the Sleek Illuminator in Morroco. 



Dewy/ Satin Foundation: To carry on that dewy look you'll need a foundation thats anything other than matte or demi matte. My favourites indlude: MAC Face + Body, Benefit Hello Flawless, Maybelline 24 Hour and L'oreal Cushion. 



Setting Spray: Again to finally set that all in place I use my MAC Fix +. 

Paige, x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Paige Allan. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig