Monday, July 11

Products I Regret Buying

When it comes to products everyone has a set idea or thought of what it will be like and sometimes products adhere to that or even bound over your expectations, but sometimes they don't. 


Barry M Afterglow Light Bronzer - Now I did actually get this free when I spent over a certain amount on Barry M but I'm just going to include it anyway. My eyes literally lit up when I seen I could also pick this up and for free too however when I actually applied it it was so orange its virtually unusable. I usually use cool tones to contour and then a warmer shade to bronze so I imagined this to be perfect but sadly its not; I think ill just have to use it as an eyeshadow to get my use out of it! 


NYX HD Finishing Powder - This was one of the first things I picked up when a NYX store came to my local Boots and I was so excited to try it as I've never tried a loose powder before. I originally tried to 'bake' under my eyes using my Real Techniques Complexion Sponge however it immediately caked up and looked disgusting. Even my poor sponge looked awful and needed a good wash. 


Barry M Flawless Light Reflecting Concealer - I had such high hopes for this concealer and don't get me wrong I do like it however if Id of known what it was like I wouldn't of bought it. Firstly the applicator is awful its like a brush that doesn't give you enough product and what it does give you is really sheer. If your looking for something to use day to day with not too much coverage or brightening properties then go for this. However this isn't what I was looking for. 

Rimmel Provocalips Lipstick - My friend Sarah really likes these (blog here) and after spotting this shade I thought I would give it a try. Its essentially a liquid lipstick with a hydrating balm. When I first applied it I loved the colour however when it dried it looked awful; it was patchy in places and very thick in others. Even with the balm it looked shocking.


Paige, x




SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Barry M is such a great brand. Sorry to hear that it didn't work for you. Eyeshadow is always a great alternative.

    thisissimplyme.com

    ReplyDelete

© Paige Allan. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig